Share This Episode Now!

Episode 41: When Sounding Different Sounds Bad

There’s a fine line between unique and bizarre when it comes to piquing prospect interest. The more your outreach stretches convention, the more you risk alienating your audience. Sending an email or leaving a voicemail that entices the recipient to scream, “That’s me!” is rewarding, but the odds of that happening are slim to nil. Maybe 10%, per the research. So, what impact does unusual outreach have on the remaining 90%? Join Dan and Kiley as they dissect an unconventional approach.

Subscribe to Breaking Sales

Breaking Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Breaking Sales Podcast on Spotify

After You Listen:


dan lappin

Dan Lappin is a renowned sales disruptor with a simple message – stop selling.  As president and founder of Lappin180, his mission is to challenge status quo sales tactics and revolutionize the sales process entirely.  Dan is a prominent voice advocating for a consultative approach to sales, where pushing, persuading and promising are past tense.  A prolific writer, speaker, and host of the popular Breaking Sales podcast, Dan’s change message resonates with thousands from Prague to Los Angeles.


Kiley Schmitz Professional Business Coach at Lappin 180

Kiley Schmitz is a professional sales coach and runs the Talent Acquisition division at Lappin180, where she identifies and recruits top-performing individuals for client firms.  Her passion for emotional intelligence psychology drives her success in helping organizations solve tough business challenges.   She is a powerful motivator and innovative leader who speaks frequently on the topics of elite mindset development and self-awareness.

If you found this podcast helpful, please share it with others and consider rating it on Apple Podcasts.

We welcome all thoughts, comments, and guest suggestions.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.